~Why I write:
Reason #55: “Because it feels so easy, it’s like I was meant to”
Firstly, a very big thank you to Piezoradeon for nominating me for the Bloggers Recognition Award! It feels great to be considered worthy after only such a short time! I find his blog to be very interesting and he is one of the very few people I know who post so frequently! Kudos!
And oh, while we are at it, here’s what I did all weekend –
Yes, watching Season 6 makes me want to read the books (too). I had read Book 1 but never got round to reading the others. But watching the series made me pick this up! Does that happen to you too? Let me know!
And oh, another good thing – I was chosen to receive FTG Thornton’s book ‘Foothold’ for free! Look forward to reading it! 😀
And now, the ‘Rules’ of the Award
Write a blog post about your award
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their website
Tell us briefly how you started blogging
Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
Select 10/15 blogs you think are fit to be nominated!
But wait, how did I start?
It was my sis who planted the idea of blogging in my head! I have always been fond of writing and in January this year, she suggested I start blogging. I decided I will, but soon forgot about it. A month later, on a sunny Saturday, I found myself thinking of home and wrote my very first post – I’m Coming Home. A very short one, it took me no time to write!
I then went to WordPress, chose a theme, and started designing my site. The same day, I published my blog and posted the link on my Facebook wall. The encouragement and feedback I received was oh-so-overwhelming! To be honest, it was more than I had ever expected!
That was just the start. I had always thought my blog would be inspirational (and mostly about my Tarot reading). However, I found myself writing about whatever came to my mind. Each of my posts has been different and I have not even delved deeply on the spiritual aspect of it, except maybe this one post about my personal journey. And I’m fine with it. As always, I am going with the flow.
For now, I am thoroughly enjoying blogging and it has now almost become an addiction of sorts. I write 1-2 posts a week and I love the flow and ease with which the thoughts flow out.
For the newbies
Well, I’m a newbie too. But since you asked…
- Make it visually appealing – As a reader, I find myself drawn to blogs that are visually appealing (as I’m sure we all do). So try and add more images and experiment with different formatting options and colors. It will attract more visitors!
- Write what you want – Don’t care too much about what people like/want. Ever so often, the pieces I think are okayish are the ones that get the maximum number of likes/views! While the ones I think are awesome receive only lukewarm response. So go with your heart – and write what you feel like. People are unpredictable. Also, don’t make it a task – write as and when you feel like it. That’s what I do.
Blogs I nominate
- A Thousand Splendid Visions (such an engaging mix of poetry, thoughts & micro stories!)
- StoriesforSophie (super attractive! A must visit if you are a book lover!)
- Dopelife (very inspirational! Love it!)
- Red Lips & Synonyms (lovely pictures and ‘bookish’ posts)
- In case of Bookishness (another great ‘book’ blog!)
- Clockwork Bibliophile (amazing book reviews)
- Lillytales (so pretty!)
- Actspot’s Blog (very inspirational)
- Confessions of a Readaholic (yayiee! Books again!)
- Design, love & inspiration (the name says it all)
- Shelved Ramblings (yes, you got it by now, I am a book nerd!)
- Wish me Love (don’t you just love the name?)
- The Calico Books (oh so relatable!)
- The Curious Brain (interesting collection of images, videos and quotes)
- zenhabits (my go-to for inspiration)
Hope this helps! Best of luck! And happy blogging!
“If a story is in you, it has got to come out.”